Pawan Hans receives Eurocopters’s 1,000th Dauphin (With Image)April 19th, 2011 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 19 (IANS) Eurocopter Tuesday delivered to Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited(PHHL) the 1,000th twin-engined medium-lift Dauphin chopper the European helicopter major has manufactured. The AS365-N3 is especially configured for offshore oil and gas drilling missions and brings PHHL’s fleet of Dauphins to 35.
The Dauphin, known for its distinctive profile with its nose resembling a dolphin, serves 300 customers in 69 countries.
Tuesday’s delivery also marked the 25-year association between Europter and PHHL.
“The 1,000th Dauphin delivery is a historic moment for Eurocopter. We are fully committed to supporting PHHL’s continued success, which includes our creation of the Eurocopter India subsidiary and reinforcement of our services network in India,” Eurocopter President and CEO Lutz Bertling said on the occasion.
PHHL Executive Director Sanjiv Bahl said that the Dauphin is “perfectly tailored” to PHHL’s needs for the past 25 years.
“We are now relying on the Dauphin for our future growth. The N3 offers very good operating performance in terms of speed and power with long-range capabilities, noise reduction and customer comforts,” Bahl noted.
PHHL’s choppers are used for airlifting personnel to offshore oil platforms off Mumbai in the Arabian Sea, shuttling between drill barges, airlifting state officials and VIPs besides tourist charters.
With 11,200 helicopters of various models in service worldwide, Eurocopter, set up in 1992, is a Franco-German-Spanish venture and is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defence and related services.
The Dauphin achieved a record speed of 372 kmph in Nov. 1991 and was used in extreme operations like rescue missions for the US Coast Guard following Hurricane Katrina.
- Eurocopter to focus on new markets in India - Mar 13, 2012
- Pawan Hans to deploy two new choppers for Arunachal Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Protectionism won't benefit Indian defence industry' - Mar 30, 2012
- Eurocopter sells five choppers in India - Feb 11, 2011
- Eurocopter launches Indian subsidiary to capture 50 percent market - Oct 20, 2010
- Eurocopter to float subsidiary for India operations - Mar 02, 2010
- Arunachal chief minister's chopper was new: Pawan Hans - May 01, 2011
- Pawan Hans to conduct thorough check of its fleet - May 03, 2011
- Navy floats $900 mn tender for utility choppers - Aug 10, 2012
- Sikorsky delivers passenger chopper to Maharashtra (With images) - Dec 29, 2011
- IAF chopper fleet to fly high with 300 new machines - Mar 03, 2011
- Sikorsky to display chopper with Made in India cabin - Mar 20, 2012
- Sikorsky delivers VIP chopper to Maharashtra - Dec 29, 2011
- Two-member team starts probe into chopper crash - Apr 20, 2011
- First Tata-made Sikorsky S-92 helicopter airframe flies (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
Tags: aerospace defence, arabian sea, bahl, barges, bertling, dauphin, dauphins, distinctive profile, eurocopters, german spanish, hurricane katrina, kmph, offshore oil platforms, oil and gas drilling, pawan hans, range capabilities, record speed, rescue missions, sanjiv, us coast guard