Patna’s own Marine Drive project set to take offMay 20th, 2012 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 20 (IANS) Eight construction companies, including Gammon, Nagarjun and Reliance, have shown keenness to construct the proposed 40-km driveway along the banks of the Ganga river in Patna modelled on Mumbai’s Marine Drive, officials said Sunday.
Eight companies have submitted quotations for the Rs.2,234.46 crore project, said an official of the Bihar State Road Development Corporation Ltd.
Bihar Road Construction Minister Nand Kishore Yadav told IANS here that the government would select the company by June.
“We hope to start construction work by next year and the project would be completed by 2016,” he said.
Last year, the union finance ministry and the Planning Commission cleared the project.
In the first phase, the driveway will connect Digha and Didarganj, a stretch of 21 km, and in the second phase, it will go to Fatuha, a distance of 18 km. About seven km of the road will run on an elevated platform.
Indira Gandhi, then prime minister, had first proposed such a driveway in Patna, said a retired engineer associated with construction of the Mahatma Gandhi Setu here.
- Bihar clears Ganga Expressway Project - Aug 08, 2012
- Patna to have its own Marine Drive (With Bihar roads story) - Jul 11, 2010
- Jaipur Metro likely by June 2013 - Jul 16, 2012
- Bihar blacklists 22 road construction companies - Feb 11, 2012
- Mahatma Gandhi bridge in Bihar awaits renovation - Dec 08, 2010
- Gammon Infra bags contract worth Rs.850 crore - Nov 20, 2009
- 33 percent voting in Bihar polls, FIR against Lalu (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Kosi gets a bridge - after 78 years - Feb 08, 2012
- Nehru Place to get second Metro station - Sep 02, 2012
- Sporadic trouble in round four of Bihar polls (Roundup) - Nov 01, 2010
- Maoists torch two excavators in Bihar - Apr 05, 2011
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- Hafeez Contractor plans Dubai-like 'New Patna' on Ganges - Apr 26, 2012
- Nitish Kumar's mother cremated - Jan 02, 2011
- Bihar polls: Case filed against Lalu, Rabri for violating model code - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: bihar state, construction companies, construction minister, construction work, corporation ltd, gammon, ganga river, indira gandhi, mahatma gandhi, mumbai, nagarjun, patna, planning commission, quotations, reliance, road construction, rs 2, second phase, union finance ministry, yadav