Passport offices to work on weekendJune 28th, 2012 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) With the surging demand for passports and glitches in online applications, the external affairs ministry Thursday announced that passport offices will remain open this weekend in various cities including Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Nagpur and Goa.
The Regional Passport Offices (RPOs), including Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) under their jurisdiction, will remain open in Delhi and Bangalore Saturday and Sunday, it said.
The passport offices will remain open Saturday in Visakhapatnam, Chennai, Coimbatore, Pune, Nagpur, Goa and Malappuram and Sunday in Surat, Madurai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara (under RPO Ahmedabad) and PSK Tirupati (under RPO Hyderabad).
The applications for all passport related services other than “tatkaal’ will be accepted during the passport mela, said the ministry Thursday.
The applicants may fill new applications form physically (available on the website www.passportindia.gov.in) for passport services and may visit the concerned RPO/PSK between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. along with self-attested copies of the requisite documents.
Amid reports of delays in online applications of passports and the growing logjam, the passport offices in seven cities, including Delhi, Ghaziabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Amritsar, worked last weekend also.
- Don't worry, passport office at ITO by mid-January - Dec 23, 2011
- Weekend passport melas in 7 cities (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- 13 Passport Seva Kendras launched in Kerala - Apr 02, 2012
- Passport offices to remain open this weekend - Jun 22, 2012
- Krishna opens new ITO passport office in Delhi - Feb 23, 2012
- Krishna to inaugurate ITO passport office Thursday - Feb 22, 2012
- Pilot passport project to start in Bangalore Friday - May 26, 2010
- India to issue e-passports to citizens soon - Mar 06, 2010
- Passport offices manpower increase mooted, says official - Jun 23, 2012
- A passport in three days? New project to roll out soon - Jun 07, 2011
- E-passport to revolutionise passport services in the country - May 27, 2010
- Over half a million passport applications pending - Sep 07, 2011
- Krishna launches Passport Seva Project - May 28, 2010
- Passport Seva Kendra opens in Guwahati - Apr 17, 2012
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
Tags: amritsar, chennai hyderabad, coimbatore, external affairs ministry, ghaziabad, glitches, logjam, lucknow, malappuram, nagpur, passport services, passportindia, passports, psks, pune, regional passport offices, seven cities, tirupati, vadodara, visakhapatnam