Paris parking space auctioned for $654,000June 23rd, 2009 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, June 23 (DPA) An anonymous car owner in Paris, apparently fed up with looking for a place to park his car, has purchased a parking space in the heart of the city for the astronomical sum of 470,000 euros ($654,000), the daily La Tribune reported Tuesday.
The space is located on the bank of the Seine River in the heart of the chic Sixth Arrondissement.
It was put up for auction on June 16 by the Paris City Hall for a starting price of 200,000 euros, a price justified by its rarity in that part of the capital. But the bidding heated up quickly.
The final purchase price is roughly the equivalent of that for a three-room flat in a more modest neighbourhood of Paris, La Tribune said.
No information about the identity of the buyer was provided.
- Buy parking space before car in Shanghai - May 06, 2012
- Melbourne is Australia's least affordable city - Nov 24, 2010
- Paris sunbathers face jail for topless act - Aug 02, 2012
- Estonian woman wins $470,000 while shopping - Jun 26, 2012
- Beckham couple set to move to Paris? - Nov 21, 2011
- 12 police cars burnt down in Germany - Jan 24, 2012
- French government to buy 50,000 electric cars - Apr 13, 2010
- Miranda Kerr puts her apartment up for sale - Nov 17, 2010
- Delhi gets another automated multi-level parking - Jun 12, 2012
- Thousands protest austerity plan in France - May 01, 2012
- Beijing puts electronic meters to collect parking fee - Mar 17, 2011
- 'Gucci' Fiat 500 unveiled at Milan Fashion Week - Feb 25, 2011
- Judge dismisses Berlusconi tax-evasion case - Jun 28, 2012
- Home sales fall in Spain - Aug 11, 2011
- Briton pays 60,000 pounds for car parking slot - Jun 24, 2010