Paramount best on punctuality, IndiGo nextJune 12th, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Paramount Airways was the most efficient in terms of sticking to flight schedules in May, beating bigger carriers such as Jet Airways, Kingfisher and Air India, according to official data released Friday.
Paramount topped the efficiency list in terms of departures, scoring 89 percent, followed by IndiGo, which topped in terms of performance among the low-cost carriers with a score of 85.7 percent, the civil aviation ministry data showed.
Among the bigger carriers, Jet Airways scored 84.4 percent, Kingfisher Airlines 82.4 percent and Air India 72.4 percent.
Jet’s low-cost carrier JetLite was the least efficient among all airlines with a 70.5 percent score. Its direct competitors, GoAir and SpiceJet scored 79.4 percent and 75.9 percent, respectively, and remained ahead of state-run Air India.
According to the ministry, domestic carriers registered 45,032 departures last month and reported 9,241 delays in departures by more than 15 minutes .
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- IndiGo most punctual carrier, Jet next - Jul 13, 2009
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline for sixth straight month - Apr 15, 2010
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010
- SpiceJet stock down 5 percent on reports of high attrition - Aug 24, 2011
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline fifth consecutive month (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Number of air passengers dips in January-July - Aug 12, 2009
- India's air traffic up 18.3 percent till October - Nov 22, 2010
- Domestic air passenger numbers drop 11.08 percent in Q2 - Oct 19, 2010
- Kingfisher tops in unused flight slots, says Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: 15 minutes, air india, airlines, civil aviation ministry, departures, domestic carriers, efficiency, flight schedules, goair, indigo, jet airways, jetlite, kingfisher, low cost carrier, low cost carriers, ministry data, New Delhi, paramount, punctuality, spicejet