Panel to resolve grievances of Air India employeesFebruary 18th, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 18 (IANS) Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi Friday said a committee would soon be constituted to resolve the grievances of national carrier Air India’s employees.”We have formed a mechanism under which we will have a committee which will look into the various issues of the unions, which includes wage parity,” Ravi told reporters here on the sidelines of a function commemorating the 100th anniversary of the first commercial domestic flight in India.
According to the minister, his interactions with all the 14 employee unions of the airline on Feb 16-17 were constructive and positive.
“My interactions with the union went off well. We talked on several issues…about the grievances and how to move forward. The outcome was positive,” said Ravi.
The minister held talks with the unions of the cash-strapped airline after one of the pilot’s associations threatened to go on a flash strike over non-payment of dues.
- Panel to resolve grievances of Air India employees (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Will meet Ravi to discuss Kingfisher issue: PM - Nov 12, 2011
- Air India strike inevitable as talks break down - Mar 07, 2011
- All efforts on to stave-off Air India strike - Mar 05, 2011
- Cabinet may consider FDI by foreign airlines before budget - Jan 31, 2012
- Ravi to meet Air India unions to know grievances - Feb 14, 2011
- Air India pilots threaten strike over late salaries - Feb 09, 2011
- Talks on to stave-off Air India pilots strike - Mar 08, 2011
- Air India board to meet Tuesday - Nov 29, 2011
- Air India pilots announce strike from March 16 - Mar 14, 2011
- Efforts on to resolve Air India pilots' deadlock - Mar 09, 2011
- Government mulls more funds to keep Air India flying - Sep 19, 2011
- Sacking of pilots right, can't hold Air India to ransom: Minister - Apr 27, 2011
- IATA suspends Kingfisher from two more inter-airline transaction systems (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Centre rules out partial lockout of Air India due to pilots' strike - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: 100th anniversary, air india, airline, carrier air, civil aviation, domestic flight, employee unions, flash strike, grievances, national carrier, New Delhi, pilot, sidelines, vayalar ravi, wage parity