Panel to probe power outage at Delhi airport terminalAugust 8th, 2011 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) The four-hour power outage Sunday at the year-old terminal at Indira Gandhi International Airport, which disrupted over 75 flights and distressed thousands of passengers, will be probed by a five-member panel.
“We will form a five-member committee to probe the power failure at the airport,” Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi told reporters outside parliament here Monday, referring to the problem that started around half-past-one after one of the transformers failed.
The outage resulted in a complete blackout for a little over four hours. Airline staff had to check in passengers manually, since the automated baggage handling systems were affected.
According to a spokesperson for Delhi International Airport Ltd, which runs the airport, full power was restored only at 5.46 p.m. This affected 66 incoming flights, including 25 international operations. Ten departing international operations were also affected.
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- Delhi blames neighbouring states for power crisis (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 80 percent power restored in Delhi - Jul 30, 2012
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Metro starts check-in for international flyers - Feb 23, 2012
- Powerless Nepal loses lustre as New Year destination - Dec 29, 2009
- Power outage at Mexico City airport disrupts hundreds of flights - Sep 29, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure - Aug 10, 2011
- Electricity restored almost fully in all regions: Power Grid - Aug 01, 2012
- Second blackout in India hits 19 states, 600 million people (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Three South Koreans detained at Indonesian airport for carrying explosive materials - Aug 09, 2011
- Power cut hits London's Gatwick airport - Mar 10, 2012
- Chile blackout impacts nine mn people - Sep 25, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,