Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failureAugust 10th, 2011 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) A committee has been set up to probe the power failure at the Delhi airport’s Terminal-3 (T3) three days ago that caused the escalators, baggage conveyor belts and lifts to stall for over four hours.
“With a view to study the reasons for the power failure, to review the existing arrangements and to suggest remedial measures to prevent recurrence of such event in future, the ministry of civil aviation has constituted a committee,” the ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
According to the ministry, the probe panel is headed by a joint secretary of the ministry, and it has been asked to submit its report within two weeks.
The committee also has representatives from the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS), the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the Airport Authority of India (AAI)
Earlier in the day, Civil Aviation Secretary Nasim Zaidi headed a meeting that pointed out the primary reason of power failure was the tripping of a transformer, which was triggered by a fault in the busduct.
The incident is reported to be an extremely rare occurrence.
“Directions were issued to DIAL (Delhi International Airport Limited) to ensure efficient redundancy of power supply to the terminal building in general and all the critical points like gates, x-ray machines, immigration etc. in particular,” the statement added.
DIAL also has constituted a technical team to examine the cause for the power tripping and suggest preventive measures.
The largest passenger terminal in the country, T3 faced a power blackout on Aug 7, ceasing electricity supply to the terminal building, baggage handling system (BHS), areobridges, escalators and lifts.
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Panel to probe power outage at Delhi airport terminal - Aug 08, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
- CAG raps government for allowing DIAL levy development fee - Aug 17, 2012
- Government to set up aviation university: Vayalar Ravi - Oct 17, 2011
- Lucknow airport construction irregularities to be probed - Aug 16, 2012
- Manmohan Singh inaugurates IGI's Terminal 3 - Jul 03, 2010
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- New civil aviation policy in five months time: Official - Dec 14, 2011
- Terminal 3 starts commercial operations (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- No action or comment on leaked report: Ajit Singh - May 23, 2012
- 'India to become third largest aviation market' - Apr 04, 2012
- Nasim Ahmad Zaidi is new election commissioner - Aug 07, 2012
- Ministry to set up Faridabad air crash probe panel - May 26, 2011
- Srivastava named civil aviation secretary - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,