Palm expo opens in UAEJune 16th, 2012 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
Ras al-Khaimah (UAE), June 15 (IANS/WAM) An exhibition of palm products opened in the UAE emirate of Ras al-Khaimah Friday.
Crown prince of the emirate Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi said the palm tree is one of the pillars of economic development in the UAE.
The Ras Al Khaimah Pearls Museum is organising the event in cooperation with Ibn Majid for Folklore and Rowing Society. Forty-five types of palm derivatives are showcased in the expo.
- UAE launches armoured vehicle facility - Apr 05, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
- UAE emirate pardons 140 prisoners - Nov 07, 2010
- UAE, India discuss bilateral ties - Sep 27, 2010
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- Arab business called upon to embrace innovation - Oct 11, 2011
- Indian firm helps build water park in UAE - Sep 25, 2010
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- President Patil opens Indian centre in Sharjah - Nov 25, 2010
- Abu Dhabi workshop on monitoring commodity exchange - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: cooperation, crown prince, derivatives, economic development, emirate, exhibition, expo, folklore, majid, palm products, palm tree, pearls, pillars, qasimi, ras al khaimah, ras al khaimah uae, saud, sheikh mohammed, snb