Palestine to woo tourists at France’s tourism fairSeptember 15th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Sep 15 (IANS/AKI) The Palestinian Authority will for the first time have a stand at an international tourism fair in Paris Sep 21-24, and will be wooing tourists to its territories, according to Palestinian diplomatic sources.
Palestinian Authority Tourism Minister Khulud Duaybis will head the Palestinian delegation, the sources said Tuesday.
The Palestinian representation in Paris was recently upgraded from delegation to diplomatic representation.
“The Palestinian stand at the Paris tourism fair will provide a venue for visitors to get to know the Palestinian territories, which are the cradle of civilisation and culture,” said the sources.
Visitors to the fair will be able to pick up information materials on tourist attractions in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including archaeological and religious sites.
- Hamas condemns Al Qaeda leader's killing - May 03, 2011
- Two Palestinians hanged for collaborating with Israel - Jul 27, 2011
- Israeli Navy kills four Gaza militants - Jun 07, 2010
- NATO supply truck attacked in Pakistan - Oct 05, 2010
- Woman gets world's first double-hand transplant - Oct 14, 2010
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Sep 30, 2011
- Spanish brand wins at Serbia beer fest - Aug 22, 2012
- Ahmadinejad signs 16 agreements with Lebanon - Oct 14, 2010
- Fugitive Libyan ex-spy chief extradited from Mauritania - Sep 06, 2012
- Goa tar balls created ripples in Moscow too - Sep 28, 2010
- Tourist fined for buying fake Prada bag - Aug 23, 2011
- 2,000 years old Venus had red lips, golden hair - Mar 02, 2012
- Serbia war crimes suspect Mladic may have been held - May 26, 2011
- Man gouges out his eyes in Italy church - Oct 03, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to participate in London travel expo - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: cradle of civilisation, dg, diplomatic representation, diplomatic sources, gaza strip, information materials, international tourism fair, palestine, palestinian authority, palestinian delegation, palestinian territories, paris tourism, religious sites, snb, tourism minister, tourist attractions, venue, west bank, wooing tourists