Pakistan to be supplied with 8 billion cubic metres of Iranian gas annuallyMay 29th, 2009 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Nicosia, May 29 (ANI): Iran and Pakistan on Thursday signed in Tehran a deal for the supply of eight billion cubic meters of natural gas annually under an agreed price formula which has not been disclosed.
Representatives of the two countries also signed an initial agreement for the construction of the Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) gas pipeline, which is expected to cost more than 7.5 billion dollars and has been dubbed “The Peace Pipeline.”
It is expected that gas deliveries will start in three to four years.
According to the Fars News Agency, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari agreed to the 2,100 km-long pipeline that would transfer Iranian gas to Pakistan.
Terhran says both Iran and Pakistan would welcome India if it decided to join the project
The IPI pipeline will be supplied from the South Pars Gasfield. The initial capacity of the pipeline will be 22 bcm of natural gas per annum, which is expected to be raised later to 55 bcm . (ANI)
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Pakistan, Iran sign gas deal - Jun 14, 2010
- IPI on backburner, India hopeful of TAPI by 2015 - Jan 07, 2011
- Iran to invest $571 mn in Armenia - Dec 27, 2011
- North Korea to get $100 mn for Russian gas transit - Nov 17, 2011
- Pak-Iran gas pipeline project intact despite US sanctions, says envoy - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline not under sanctions' - Jan 26, 2012
- Taliban may target new TAPI gas pipeline project - Dec 11, 2010
- India quits Iran gas pipeline deal, says Pakistani diplomat - Sep 07, 2009
- India discusses TAPI pipeline project with Afghanistan - Jan 10, 2011
- Iran, Pakistan to finalise pipeline deal next week - May 18, 2009
- Manmohan Singh to visit Iran - Sep 24, 2011
- Iran ready for bilateral deal on oil payments: Envoy - Feb 08, 2011
- 11,000 km of LNG pipelines laid so far - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: annum, bcm, billion dollars, cubic meters, cubic metres, fars news agency, gas deliveries, gas pipeline, initial agreement, initial capacity, ipi, iran pakistan, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, mahmoud ahmadinejad, pakistan india, peace pipeline, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, south pars, zardari