Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjetsMay 9th, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Pakistan’s Air Indus airline has shown interest in buying eight Sukhoi Superjet 100 airplanes, the Russian manufacturer said Wednesday.
“The client is interested in purchasing eight new SSJ-100 planes, and get three of them in 2013,” Sukhoi Civil Aircraft senior vice president Igor Syrtsov said.
Russia will export 10 SSJ-100 airplanes in 2012. The planes will be delivered to Mexico, Indonesia, and Laos in the second half of the year. One plane has been exported this year to Armenia.
The Superjet 100 is a medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
The aircraft is capable of carrying up to 100 passengers for up to 4,500 km.
Sukhoi has received over 200 firm orders for Superjet 100 airliners so far.
- Sukhoi Superjet conducts first passenger flight - Apr 21, 2011
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 completes static tests programme - Sep 15, 2010
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sukhoi superjet engines have flaws: Report - Jul 06, 2010
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Farnborough air show sees deals worth $47 bn - Jul 24, 2010
- Sukhoi to sell 10 Superjet to Indian firm - Mar 15, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Russia plans to sell SuperJet-100 airliners to India - Sep 30, 2008
- Superjet 100 cleared for maiden flight in May - Apr 26, 2008
- 12 bodies brought out of crashed Sukhoi - May 11, 2012
- Russia's Sukhoi to cooperate with China - May 23, 2008
Tags: airliners, airplanes, civil aircraft, honeywell, indus, laos, liebherr aerospace, medium haul, messier dowty, moscow, passenger aircraft, planes, ria novosti, russian manufacturer, senior vice president, snecma, ssj, sukhoi superjet 100, thales, year one