Pakistan invites South Korea to set up economic zoneDecember 1st, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 1 (IANS) President Asif Ali Zardari Wednesday offered South Korea to establish its economic zone in Pakistan to boost trade ties between the two countries.
The president made the offer while chairing a meeting to discuss his forthcoming visit to South Korea and to highlight investment opportunities for South Korean businessmen and investors in Pakistan, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The president’s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said investment opportunities available in Pakistan in various sectors included oil and gas, mining, trading, energy, information technology and telecom.
Zardari said he looked forward to his visit to South Korea which would help boost economic and trade ties between the two countries.
He said with emerging market of 180 million people, Pakistan was a potential hub of the economic activities in the region as it was located at the crossroads of West Asia, South Asia, Central Asia and China and provided shortest access to North and South Asia through Gwadar port.
Babar quoted Zardari as saying that the government was keen to transform the existing relationship with the Republic of Korea into economy-oriented equation for the benefit of the two countries.
Highlighting Pakistan-South Korea relations, the president mentioned landmark infrastructure projects completed with the help of South Korean companies and said it testified lasting relationships between the two countries.
- Pakistan, Turkey agree to swap currency - Nov 01, 2011
- Australia to give $200 mn aid to Pakistan - May 21, 2012
- Zardari seeks preferential trade ties with Myanmar (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Pakistan aiming at better relations with S.Korea: Gilani - Mar 25, 2012
- India, South Korea aim to double trade in 5 years - Feb 22, 2011
- Pakistan wants stronger ties with Saudi Arabia: Zardari - Sep 27, 2011
- India, South Korea boost business, defence ties; ease visa norms (Lead) - Mar 25, 2012
- Expand Pakistan, Saudi Arabia trade ties: Zardari - Apr 11, 2012
- Pakistan for currency swap deal with Iran - Jul 17, 2011
- Zardari meets British deputy PM, discusses ties - Jul 01, 2011
- Clinton telephones Zardari, discusses ties - Jul 29, 2011
- Pakistan, Britain vow to jointly tackle terror - Jul 02, 2011
- Zardari, Karzai pledge to battle terror - Jul 20, 2011
- India,South Korea draw close; step up business, military ties (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2012
- Pakistan wants strong economic ties with Sri Lanka - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: asia central, asif ali zardari, babar, central asia and china, chairing a meeting, economic activities, economic zone, emerging market, forthcoming visit, gwadar port, infrastructure projects, korean businessmen, oriented equation, republic of korea, South Asia, south korea, south korea relations, south korean companies, trade ties, west asia