Paddy procurement starts in PunjabSeptember 29th, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 29 (IANS) Procurement of paddy started Monday in 1,622 procurement centres set up across Punjab.The procurement will be done by five agencies of the Punjab government and the central government’s Food Corp of India (FCI).
Punjab aims to procure 12.5 million tonnes of paddy this season. The procurement process will extend till Dec 31.
A state food and supplies spokesman said farmers would get a minimum support price (MSP) of Rs.850 per quintal for the common variety and Rs.880 per quintal for the A-grade variety.
Procurement officials and district authorities have been asked to provide facilities to farmers at procurement centres, especially Asia’s biggest grain market in Khanna, and release their payments within 72 hours.
- Hooda seeks Rs.200 bonus on paddy - Oct 06, 2011
- Haryana paddy procurement to begin Oct 1 - Sep 22, 2011
- Jharkhand sets up 500 paddy procurement centres - Aug 05, 2011
- Centre's bonus on wheat unjustified: Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh eyes 5.5 mn tonnes paddy procurement - Nov 24, 2011
- Akali Dal rejects hike in paddy, cotton MSP - Jun 01, 2012
- Assam farmers losing interest in rice cultivation - Mar 15, 2012
- Badal asks PM to relax paddy procurement norms - Oct 24, 2010
- Cabinet hikes rice purchase price to Rs.1,280 per quintal - Jun 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh farmers earn record money in paddy sale - Feb 25, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana procure over 150 lakh tonnes wheat - May 01, 2012
- More paddy arrival in Haryana than Punjab - Oct 01, 2009
- Haryana seeks Rs.1,800 MSP for paddy - Feb 17, 2012
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- CBI raids FCI depots in Punjab - Jun 25, 2011