Over Rs.79 lakh for teaching northeast youth managerial skillsMay 26th, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) The Indian government Tuesday sanctioned Rs.79.15 lakh for developing managerial skills among the new generation of entrepreneurs from the northeast region, officials said.
The ministry of development of north eastern region (DoNER) has sponsored a programme for developing managerial skills for entrepreneurship.
“The ministry has sanctioned an amount of Rs.79.15 lakh for this programme for training 60 youths from the region. The course will deal with developing managerial skills among the new generation of entrepreneurs of the region,” said an official statement.
The programme, to be conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management at Shillong, will offer a range of short-term skill development programmes encompassing the different areas of management, entrepreneurship, tourism, hospitality, among many others, from this financial year onwards.
This partnership is a result of the initiative of DoNER Minister and North East Council chairman B.K. Handique, who has been pursuing the agenda of involving the premier institutes like the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in the process of nurturing the human resource in the region.
“The ministry has a larger roadmap to continuously train youths from the region with a focus on increasing their employability. The institutes like IIM, IIT and TISS are well positioned to cater to the training needs of the region in addition to their regular courses. We have requested them to develop such courses and we have been able to make considerable headway in designing some,” the statement said.
Earlier, the DoNER ministry announced a month and half programme in association with IIT Guwahati to train 30 engineers from Assam irrigation department in mitigation of river bank erosion.
- Lack of skills hit northeast's development: Handique - Jul 03, 2011
- Over 250 northeast youths get capacity building training - Jan 18, 2012
- NEDFi to back foreign investors' projects in northeast - Feb 09, 2011
- IITs, IIMs to help MSMEs improve managerial skills - Apr 26, 2012
- War of words over Jairam Ramesh slamming IITs, IIMs (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- '14 million job seekers to move out of northeast by 2021' - Jan 23, 2012
- North Eastern Council meet okays Rs.700 cr outlay - Sep 29, 2010
- 'Construction equipment industry needs more skilled workforce' - Nov 26, 2011
- Northeast cultural centre to be set up in Delhi - Jun 02, 2011
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- Surrendered militants being trained to start life afresh - Mar 04, 2011
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta goes green - Aug 19, 2010
- IIM-Lucknow launches new professional course - Jul 21, 2010
- India promotes entrepreneurial skills in developing world - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: council chairman, developing managerial skills, different areas of management, doner, indian institute of management, indian institutes of management, indian institutes of technology, institute of social sciences, institutes of technology, irrigation department, lakh, management entrepreneurship, ministry of development, rajiv gandhi, river bank erosion, shillong, tata institute of social sciences, technology iits, tiss, tourism hospitality