Over 41,000 complaints against telcos in April-OctNovember 30th, 2011 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 30 (IANS) Over 41,000 complaints against telecom companies for poor network and services were received by the Department of Telecom (DoT) and the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) between April 1-Oct 31, 2011, the government said Wednesday.
“From April 1, 2011 to Oct 31, 2011, 41,341 complaints, which include complaints relating to poor network/services, against various telecom service providers have been received in public grievance cell of the DoT,” Minister of State for Communications and IT Milind Deora said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
“From April 1 to Sep 30, 2011, 1,418 service related complaints … against various telecom service providers have been received in TRAI,” he added.
These complaints have been forwarded to the respective service provider for redressal, Deora said.
- Complaints against pesky calls decline - Nov 25, 2011
- TRAI disconnects connections of telemarketing companies for pesky calls - Aug 10, 2011
- TRAI launches consumer portal, to track complaints - Apr 30, 2012
- Bharti Airtel receives maximum customer complaints - Mar 09, 2011
- Rs.2.15 lakh crore collected as spectrum, licence fee - Aug 17, 2011
- Chinese firm's role in Airtel 4G worries agencies - Aug 08, 2012
- Government disconnects 51,000 telephone connections - Aug 17, 2012
- New telecom policy likely by June: Economic Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Legal opinion sought on cancelling 83 new telecom licences - Aug 14, 2011
- 'Lifetime plans should be offered till telecom permit allows' - Sep 05, 2012
- TRAI issues notices to operators for violating norms - Aug 17, 2011
- Few telecom firms giving 3G services illegally: Petition - Sep 28, 2011
- Maintain quality of service: TRAI to operators - Mar 26, 2012
- One-time fee for extra spectrum under consideration: Sibal - Aug 24, 2012
- No more pesky calls, messages from Sep 27: TRAI - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: april 1, government said wednesday, Lok Sabha, minister of state, New Delhi, oct 31, public grievance, reply, service provider, telcos, telecom companies, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telecom service providers, trai