Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012February 7th, 2012 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 7 (IANS) The stage is set for the ninth edition of BioAsia, the annual global bio business forum, beginning here Feb 9.
According to Federation of Asian Biotech Associations (FABA), the organizers of BioAsia 2012, over 250 companies have confirmed their participation in the three-day event.
The country partners for this year’s event include Sri Lanka, Belgium, Germany and Korea. In all, 35 countries have confirmed their participation with major delegations coming from Sri Lanka, Korea, Iran, Germany, Belgium, US, Singapore, Egypt, Thailand, Nepal and several African nations.
Regulators from 10 countries will also be participating in the event, said a statement from FABA.
Bharat Biotech International Limited and GVK Biosciences will be the industry host and co-host respectively.
“BioAsia provides a platform for companies to exhibit, launch and showcase their products and services,” said Manni Kantipudi, CEO, GVK BIO.
“Over the years, BioAsia has become an industry oriented event while the Bangalore India Bio event has remained research oriented,” said Krishna Ella, chairman and managing director, Bharat Biotech.
He pointed out that Hyderabad is the biggest manufacturer of biotech products and vaccines in the country
The partners for BioAsia 2012 include Frost and Sullivan, Confederation of Indian Industries, Alexandria India, Lonza India, Hyde Engineering & Consulting and Yes Bank.
- ILS partners with FABA for BioAsia awards - Nov 29, 2011
- GVK BIO gets Frost & Sullivan best practices award - Nov 21, 2011
- GVK Bio's Ahmedabad facility cleared by USFDA - Jul 30, 2012
- GVK BIO to support global consortium - May 16, 2011
- Bangalore to host 10th edition of biotech expo June 2 - May 25, 2010
- India's Bharat Biotech to sell $1 diarrhoea vaccine - Jun 06, 2011
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012
- Lift curbs on research in biotech crops: Scientists - Feb 28, 2012
- India eyes $10 billion from biotech sector by 2015 - May 04, 2011
- Bharat Biotech receives $4 million award for new vaccine - Jun 18, 2012
- India showcases its biotech strength in US - Jun 30, 2011
- Kalam call for material convergence through ICT, nano - Oct 19, 2011
- Hyderabad foundation gets $100,000 grant for polio vaccine - May 10, 2012
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- Belgium to renovate 14 railway stations in India - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: african nations, bangalore india, bioasia, biotech international, biotech products, business forum, co host, confederation of indian industries, country partners, delegations, engineering consulting, frost and sullivan, gvk bio, gvk biosciences, international limited, krishna, launch, lonza, ninth edition, vaccines