Over 1,000 non-residents allowed to buy land in HimachalAugust 25th, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 25 (IANS) More than 1,000 people who are not residents of Himachal Pradesh have been allowed by the state government to purchase land in the state in the past three and a half years, the government said Thursday.
“As many as 1,004 non-Himachalis have been granted land by the state government from Jan 1, 2008 to Aug 15, 2011,” the Public Works Minister Thakur Gulab Singh said in the assembly in a written reply.
On permissions granted to the buyers for land-use change during this period, the minister said: “No separate permission is granted in such cases for land-use change.
“However, each permission is granted for a specific purpose and this often automatically results in change of land-use as far as classification in land records is concerned.”
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state government assumed office for its second term December 2007.
Under Himachal Pradesh laws, only the state’s permanent residents can buy land in the state. Others who want to purchase the land for non-agricultural purposes have to seek relaxations from the government under provisions of the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and Land Reforms Act.
In 2007, the then Congress government in the state had allowed Priyanka Vadra, daughter of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, to buy land close to The Retreat, the summer holiday resort of President Pratibha Patil on the outskirts of Shimla.
The minister said only 366 non-agriculturalists Himachal Pradesh residents were allowed to purchase land in the state.
- 862 people from outside Himachal own land in state - Mar 16, 2011
- Himachal land purchase by Bhushan illegal: Virbhadra - Feb 21, 2012
- Prashant Bhushan given permission to buy land in Himachal - Dec 24, 2011
- Judicial panel to probe Himachal land transactions - Jun 13, 2011
- Committee to review Himachal land laws: Dhumal - May 04, 2011
- Allow resale of commercial land only in rare cases: Himachal panel - Apr 25, 2012
- Buying dream cottage in Himachal may get tougher - Apr 11, 2012
- Priyanka Vadra's land deal figures in Himachal house - Aug 23, 2010
- Elite Dalhousie school in trouble over land deal (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 10-year moratorium must on selling land: Himachal panel - Apr 30, 2012
- Delay in flat transfer hits Himachal real estate - Sep 02, 2012
- Himachal seizes two properties 'owned' by Chautalas - Dec 17, 2011
- No violations by private realtor in Shimla: Dhumal - Aug 29, 2011
- Elite Himachal school in trouble over land deal - May 14, 2012
- 'Himachal on Sale' say BJP, Congress (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 14, 2012
Tags: agricultural purposes, agriculturalists, bharatiya janata party, congress government, congress president sonia gandhi, gulab, half years, himachal pradesh, holiday resort, land reforms, non residents, outskirts, permanent residents, president pratibha patil, provisions, reply, shimla, state government, summer holiday, thakur