Over 1 mn iPhone 3GS sold in first three days of debut: AppleJune 23rd, 2009 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
San Francisco, June 23 (Xinhua) Apple Inc Monday announced that it has sold more than one million units of iPhone 3GS in the first three days after the new smartphone went on sale.
The iPhone 3GS hit stores in the United States and seven other countries last Friday.
The new model is twice as fast as iPhone 3G, the previous generation of Apple’s popular iPhone. It also boasts new features including autofocus camera, video recording and voice control.
“Customers are voting and the iPhone is winning,” Steve Jobs, Apple’s chief executive officer (CEO), said in a statement.
“With over 50,000 applications available from Apple’s revolutionary App Store, iPhone momentum is stronger than ever,” he added.
The comment by Jobs, who has been on medical leave since January, came two days after the news about his recovery from a liver transplant surgery, making some analysts speculate whether it is a signal that the Apple CEO is ready to be back.
The Wall Street Journal Saturday reported that Jobs received a liver transplant in the US state of Tennessee about two months ago and has been recovering well.
In January this year, Jobs had announced that he would be taking a medical leave until the end of June to treat an undisclosed medical condition.
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56 - Oct 06, 2011
- World says iGrieve as Steve Jobs passes away - Oct 06, 2011
- Apple working on less expensive iPhones - Feb 14, 2011
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died of respiratory arrest, death certificate shows - Oct 11, 2011
- Steve Jobs makes surprise appearance to unveil iPad2 - Mar 03, 2011
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Hospital confirms Jobs liver transplant - Jun 24, 2009
- Vodafone sells Apple Inc's iPhone 3GS in India - Mar 26, 2010
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple to reveal new iPhone Thursday - Oct 03, 2011
- Apple Inc. Officials Tight-lipped About Steve Jobs's Medical Leave - Jan 18, 2011
- Apple iPhone 5 is slimmer, lighter (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Apple unveils slimmer, lighter iPhone 5 - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: apple ceo, chief executive officer, control customers, iphone, june 23, last friday, liver transplant surgery, medical condition, medical leave, new features, new model, one million, smartphone, state of tennessee, steve jobs, steve jobs apple, video recording, voice control, wall street journal, xinhua