Over 1 mn guests stayed in Abu Dhabi hotelsJuly 27th, 2012 - 12:44 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 26 (IANS/WAM) About 1.1 million guests stayed in hotels in the emirate of Abu Dhabi during the first six months of 2012, up by 14 percent, compared to the same period last year, it was announced Thursday.
Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA) data show that 1,189,995 guests checked into hotels across the emirate during the period.
“This is a very encouraging performance which leaves us well on track to attain our yearly target of 2.3 million guests,” said Mubarak Al Muhairi, director general of TCA.
“The task ahead is to maintain the momentum but we are relatively confident of doing this as we look forward to a season ahead packed with major events, including the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and Abu Dhabi Art.”
- Abu Dhabi tourism eyes Russian market - Sep 12, 2012
- Abu Dhabi among top tourist destinations: Expert - Aug 22, 2011
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011
- UAE, Belgium discuss bilateral cooperation - Jan 09, 2012
- Abu Dhabi's business tourism to grow by 15 percent - Mar 10, 2011
- UAE launches satellite from French Guiana - Apr 23, 2011
- Abu Dhabi hosts industry meet - Dec 19, 2011
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to lure more Indian tourists - Sep 07, 2011
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- UAE, Portugal discuss trade - Jun 12, 2012
- Road fatalities fall in Abu Dhabi - Jul 12, 2012
- UAE hospital provides health care to Pakistani children - Oct 06, 2010
- Abu Dhabi hosts Ophthalmology meet - Feb 19, 2012
- Abu Dhabi tourism staff train in Singapore - Jun 21, 2010