Orchid Pharma buys its bonds to save on interest costMarch 31st, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 31 (IANS) The city-based bulk drug manufacturer Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals has purchased $12.1 million worth of bonds from the market and is in the process of extinguishing them to save on interest costs.
This is the second such purchase in recent times by the company, which March 26 announced it had bought $25.7 million worth of bonds.
“The total bonds issued by the company is worth $200 million. We have bought bonds worth $40 million. We may buy more,” Orchid deputy managing director C. Bhaktavatsala Rao told IANS.
In a regulatory statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange, the company also said it could “purchase from the markets and extinguish additional bonds from time to time at its sole discretion”.
Rao said his company had raised funds through external commercial borrowings (ECB) to buy the bonds.
Declining to reveal the total value of the ECB, he added: “There will be interest savings for the company but it is difficult to quantify (the savings) now.”
For the 2007-08 financial year, Orchid paid a total interest of Rs.81.12 crore and Rs.61.47 crore in the first half of the current fiscal.
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- Orchid Pharma to invest Rs.200 crore in niche segment - Nov 04, 2010
- Srei aims to broadbase borrowing options - Jan 07, 2012
- Orchid Chemicals to invest Rs.200 crore this fiscal - Jul 29, 2011
- Orchid Chemicals sells 'pearl' to Hospira - Dec 16, 2009
- Low loan offtake affecting infrastructure, says IDFC - Nov 23, 2011
- GoM meet on Air India Friday - Oct 27, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Orchid Chemical to acquire US marketing company - Jun 10, 2010
- RIL profit falls 13.55 percent, to buy back shares - Jan 20, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki to buy land in Gujarat for unit - Oct 29, 2011
- Reliance Capital nets 329 crore profit in Jan-March quarter - May 19, 2012
- Indian Bank to convert Rs.400 crore preference shares to equity - Jan 30, 2012
- Air India board to meet Tuesday - Nov 29, 2011
- Mediator received Rs.9.5 crore to arrange bail for Reddy - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: 1 million, bombay stock exchange, bonds, bulk drug manufacturer, crore, ecb, external commercial borrowings, interest costs, interest savings, managing director, orchid chemicals, orchid pharma, pharmaceuticals, rao, sole discretion, total value