Oracle Technology Network surpasses six million membersNovember 15th, 2007 - 10:56 pm ICT by admin
San Francisco, Nov 15 (ANI-Business Wire India): Oracle today announced that Oracle(r) Technology Network (OTN), the leading online resource for Oracle software developers, grew by more than one million members in the past 12 months and continues to be one of the largest developer communities in the world.
Exceeding six million members, OTN provides developers a wealth of key technical content resources, software downloads, expert advice, and early access to participate in a strong and active community of peers.
“The sheer number of OTN members demonstrates Oracle’s continued commitment to developers, architects and database administrators and to providing extensive resources that enable the community to build, deploy, manage and optimize applications,” said Ted Farrell, vice president and chief architect Tools and Middleware, Oracle. “The rich content, resources and events that accompany the Oracle Technology Network provide a key source for Oracle developers and help drive continued advancement in infrastructure and application development.”
OTN delivers enhanced resources to developer community embracing Web 2.0 technologies to further engage developers. Oracle recently launched the official Oracle Wiki (wiki.oracle.com). Oracle Wiki is a hosted collaborative platform that enables members of the Oracle community to interact, create and share content about Oracle-related subjects.
The Oracle Wiki complements existing Oracle resources, including Oracle Discussion Forums (forums.oracle.com) and Oracle Blogs (blogs.oracle.com), all providing vehicles for customers and partners to interact with one another as well as Oracle employees, and to craft and maintain their own Oracle-related content.
Accompanying the wealth of information available today on OTN, additional resources include:
– Trial or developer versions of Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware software, including Oracle’s latest SOA, Enterprise Java, Data Integration, and Identity Management offerings.
– A growing number of free, fully functional products, such as Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Containers for Java EE /OC4J, SQL Developer, the Oracle Development Kit for Spring and other tools.
– Free subscriptions to a variety of monthly technical newsletters, including the OTN TechBlast, the Oracle Java Developer Newsletter with over 650,000 subscribers and the .NET Developer Newsletter with over 500,000 subscribers.
– Information regarding events such as OTN Developer Days - free one-day, hands-on workshops on a variety of topics such as SOA, Java application and database development, enabling thousands of software developers every year to learn the latest software development technologies and standards.
– News highlighting Oracle’s engagement, support and sponsorship of third party developer-focused events around the world, including JavaOne, Sun Tech Days, JavaPolis, JavaZone, EclipseWorld and EclipseCon, as well as the first Lunch 2.0 event, hosted by Oracle.
– Expert advice from members of the Oracle ACE Program who share their knowledge and assist customers and partners in making successful technology decisions.
– Outside technology resources including information and software downloads that support or complement other technology environments, development platforms and open source projects including Apache, Eclipse, Google Web Toolkit, PHP, Ruby, and Spring Framework 2.0 with integrated TopLink(r) Essentials support.
With more than 6 million members across more than 190 countries, OTN is the world’s largest online community of developers, database administrators and architects using Oracle products and industry-standard technologies. In addition to free software downloads, documentation and technical articles, the site boasts more than one million forum messages and provides an efficient platform for community members to exchange information and best practices. (ANI)
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Oracle sues Google for patent and copyright infringement with its Android operating system - Aug 14, 2010
- Indian enterprise software market grows 16 percent in 2010 - Jun 28, 2011
- Indian IT firm Ramco enters Bangladesh market - Dec 13, 2010
- Microsoft, Google win Indian developer awards - Apr 18, 2012
- Sun will rise again with Oracle (Comment) - Apr 22, 2009
- Oracle to pay $2 mn fine over India bribery charge - Aug 17, 2012
- Wipro unveils platform to speed up drug development - Oct 05, 2010
- Oracle acquires Art Technology Group for $1 billion - Nov 02, 2010
- Content creators can help curb piracy: E&Y; - Nov 20, 2011
- Google Locks Horns With Oracle, Microsoft Watches Gleefully - Aug 22, 2010
- Sibal pitches for technology for school students (Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Asia's largest conference on Open Source begins Chennai on Sunday - Sep 18, 2010
- BharatBerry: Mobile app for Nokia handsets - Nov 18, 2010
- Print media business booming in india, but concerns over future - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: blogs, chief architect, collaborative platform, content resources, database administrators, developer communities, developer versions, extensive resources, middleware software, oracle community, oracle developers, oracle employees, oracle fusion middleware, oracle resources, oracle software, oracle technology network, otn, ted farrell, today announced that, wiki wiki