Oracle India banks on small, medium firms for growthOctober 14th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 14 (IANS) Enterprise information technology solution major Oracle India is banking on small enterprises to drive growth in the country, a top company official said here Tuesday.”We are focusing on marketing solutions to small and medium sized businesses (SMB), companies with 500 employees and below,” Oracle India managing director Krishan Dhawan told reporters.
“Our efforts are bearing fruit. Since 2006 we have added 1,200 SMBs across the country,” he said.
In this segment, Oracle is targeting sectors such as financial services that includes regional rural banks, small banks and asset reconstruction companies, apart from sectors such as manufacturing, information technology (IT) and IT-enabled services, retail, education and healthcare.
According to Anup Varma, regional director in charge of technology commercial sales, nearly 55 percent of the 1,200 clients were added in 2008.
“Though our rates are as low as Rs.10,000 per user, we don’t play in the market just by price alone. We are a value-for-money player,” Varma said.
Citing a report by market research firm IDC, he said Oracle India commanded a 59 percent market share - by value - in the SMB segment in India.
When quizzed on the global financial meltdown, Dhawan said his company did not expect any slowdown in India.
“We have not seen an impact on the demand now. It is still early days to estimate. But domestic market will be better in general,” he added.
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- TCS eyeing $1 bn from small Indian establishments - May 18, 2011
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- Keste to expand India operations with $2.5 mn investment - Jul 12, 2012
- HP launches solutions for SMBs - Jul 05, 2012
- TCS unveils cloud-computing solution in Karnataka - Mar 12, 2011
- Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - Jun 25, 2012
- TCS launches IT solution for SMBs in Rajasthan - May 06, 2011
- Dell India to renew focus on small, medium business - Jul 10, 2009
- Google offers free advertising to small Indian businesses - Feb 18, 2010
- IOB mulls new core banking solution on Oracle platform - May 05, 2012
- Google India launches new tool for SMBs - Jun 01, 2011
- Lenovo unveils 12 new products, sees double-digit market share - Jun 23, 2010
- Crisil to target SMEs in tier II, III towns - Feb 22, 2012
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: enterprise information technology, financial meltdown, india banks, information technology solution, medium firms, medium sized businesses, money player, oracle india, retail education, rural banks