OPEC oil price jumps by more than $4January 5th, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Vienna, Jan 5 (DPA) The price for oil produced by the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) jumped by more than $4 at the end of last week, the Vienna-based cartel announced Monday.One barrel (159 litres) of OPEC-produced crude stood at $39.95 Friday, up from $35.58 on the previous Wednesday.
One of the factors behind the price hike was that OPEC members seem to be implementing production cuts that were decided in December, Vienna-based analysts JBC Energy said.
OPEC calculates an average price based on 12 brands produced by its members. Since Jan 1, Indonesia has suspended its membership and is no longer included in the basket price, as it has become a net importer of oil.
- OPEC oil price inches above $42 - Feb 02, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises beyond $42 - Jan 19, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises to $40.91 - Jan 26, 2009
- OPEC crude rises to $41.31 per barrel - Jan 15, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $70 - Jun 19, 2009
- OPEC oil price remains below $70 - Jun 17, 2009
- OPEC oil price falls by half a dollar - Jan 08, 2009
- OPEC oil price sheds $1.64 - Jan 20, 2009
- OPEC oil price inches towards $44 mark - Mar 06, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $44 - Mar 11, 2009
- OPEC oil price falls slightly to $43.15 - Mar 09, 2009
- OPEC oil price climbs above 42 dollars - Jan 27, 2009
- OPEC oil price dips below $40 - Jan 21, 2009
- OPEC oil price drops to 41.52 - Feb 04, 2009
- OPEC oil price climbs to $40.50 - Feb 26, 2009