OPEC meet in November, crude price slides below $80October 10th, 2008 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Vienna, Oct 10 (DPA) The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has scheduled a special meeting in November, as the cartel’s crude oil price remained below $80 for the second day in a row Thursday, the group announced Friday.One barrel (159 litres) of OPEC crude stood at $78.25 Thursday, rising $0.87 from $77.38 on the previous day, according to figures released by the cartel Friday.
OPEC oil ministers will meet in Vienna Nov 18 “to discuss the global financial crisis, the world economic situation and the impacts on the oil market”, the organisation said in a statement.
Since the last meeting Sep 10, when the group agreed to cut overproduction exceeding the agreed output quotas, the OPEC crude price has dropped by $18.54 per barrel.
At that gathering, several members including Iran had asked for lowering output quotas to prop up prices.
“The organisation is concerned about the deteriorating economic conditions with contagion risks,” the statement said.
OPEC calculates an average basket price based on 13 important brands produced by its members.
- OPEC oil price keeps fluctuating - Nov 08, 2011
- OPEC daily basket price hits $97.34 per barrel - Jun 13, 2012
- OPEC delegates to keep oil output steady - Sep 09, 2009
- OPEC crude price rises ahead of expected output cut - Oct 21, 2008
- OPEC cartel faced with future risks in its 50th year - Sep 10, 2010
- OPEC oil price remains below $70 - Jun 17, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $70 - Jun 19, 2009
- OPEC oil price slides to $68.86 - Feb 09, 2010
- OPEC oil price stays above $40 - Jan 16, 2009
- Opec crude price rises towards $60 - Oct 31, 2008
- OPEC oil prices continue to rise - Mar 13, 2012
- OPEC crude price eases - Sep 26, 2008
- OPEC oil price sheds nearly $1 - Apr 08, 2009
- OPEC oil price jumps to $50 a barrel - Apr 03, 2009
- OPEC oil price drops to 41.52 - Feb 04, 2009