OPEC crude price risesOctober 30th, 2008 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Vienna, Oct 30 (DPA) The price for crude oil produced by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) rose by $2.23 Wednesday, as the weaker dollar buoyed oil markets, according to data released by OPEC on Thursday.One barrel (159 litres) of OPEC crude stood at $58.13 Wednesday, up from $55.90 on the previous day.
The oil price rebounded as interest-rate cuts in the United States and China on Wednesday led to a depreciation of the dollar, Vienna-based analysts JBC Energy said.
OPEC calculates an average basket price based on 13 important brands produced by its members.
- OPEC crude rises to $41.31 per barrel - Jan 15, 2009
- OPEC oil price remains below $70 - Jun 17, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $65 - Jul 22, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $70 - Jun 19, 2009
- OPEC delegates to keep oil output steady - Sep 09, 2009
- OPEC oil price inches towards $44 mark - Mar 06, 2009
- OPEC oil price climbs to $40.50 - Feb 26, 2009
- OPEC crude price slides below $42 - Mar 04, 2009
- OPEC oil price jumps to $50 a barrel - Apr 03, 2009
- OPEC oil price gains over $2 - Mar 05, 2009
- OPEC oil price dips below $50 - Nov 13, 2008
- OPEC oil price stays above $51 - Apr 16, 2009
- OPEC oil price sheds nearly $1 - Apr 08, 2009
- Opec oil price drops to 22-month low - Nov 12, 2008
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011