ONGC’s Dahej project to be commissioned in 2010April 22nd, 2009 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, April 22 (IANS) State-run exploration giant Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) will commission its Rs.1,493-crore project at Dahej in south Gujarat by March 2010, a top official said Wednesday.
The project, once completed, will have the capacity to extract methane-propane gas and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) from the liquefied natural gas (LNG), which will be sourced from Petronet LNG’s Dahej terminal, he said.
The project had received the environmental clearance in March 2006.
The plant is expected to produce 5 million tonnes of methane-propane gas and LPG per annum.
The infrastructure required for the transfer of LNG from Petronet LNG’s Dahej site to ONGC’s project site is also under construction, the official added.
The contract for the construction of the project was bagged jointly by Toyo Engineering Corp of Japan and its subsidiary Toyo Engineering India Ltd.
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sector - Oct 28, 2011
- ONGC to develop gas fields in Iran - Dec 02, 2009
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- GSPCL spot LNG cargo lands at Dahej - Apr 22, 2010
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Qatar to supply additional LNG to India - Mar 22, 2010
- LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Sep 22, 2010
- Petronet LNG to soon finalise investment in power sector - Sep 08, 2011
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- Qatar's Deputy Premier meets Manmohan Singh - Mar 23, 2010
Tags: 5 million, environmental clearance, gas lng, giant, india ltd, infrastructure, japan, liquefied natural gas, liquid petroleum gas, lpg, methane, natural gas corp, ongc, petronet lng, propane gas, rs 1, south gujarat, subsidiary, tonnes, toyo engineering