ONGC Videsh has no information from Russia on ImperialNovember 7th, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), the overseas exploration arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corp, has not yet received any information from Russian authorities on the status of their application for relevant approval of the acquisition of Imperial Energy, the company said Friday.Earlier Friday, media reports from Moscow said Russia’s anti-trust body, Federal Anti-Monopoly Service, had approved the application.
The approval of the anti-trust agency is required as the UK-based Imperial holds some key oil and gas assets in Russia.
“OVL has not received any notification from any Russian governmental authorities,” the London-based spokesperson for OVL told IANS.
“The situation today officially has not changed from September 8 when the necessary filings were made,” he added.
Imperial Energy’s board in August approved the acquisition offer of OVL at 1,250 pence in cash for each share, totalling about $2.5 billion.
Indian Petroleum Minister Murli Deora has repeatedly lobbied with Russian leaders to get the approval quickly, both with president Dmitri Medvedev and Prime Minister Vladmir Putin.
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- OVL records highest production from foreign assets - Aug 19, 2010
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- Spanish firm buys Russian oil company for $230 mn - Dec 30, 2011
- Imperial Energy shareholders accept ONGC offer - Dec 31, 2008
- ONGC subsidiary to acquire UK firm for $1.4 bn - Aug 26, 2008
- Russia, India could reach $10 bn annual trade in 2010: Kremlin - Dec 07, 2009
- Russia needs more foreign investment: Putin - May 03, 2012
- Center gives green signal to ONGC for Imperial Energy takeover - Dec 09, 2008
- OVL signs deal with Russian firm in oil and gas sector - Dec 09, 2009
- Deora calls on Vietnamese Prime Minister - Jul 22, 2010
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- Murli Deora to lead high-level delegation to Vietnam - Jul 20, 2010
- ONGC arm gets nod for more investment in Brazil - Nov 12, 2009
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012