ONGC-Videsh favours joint exploration with Russian firmsMarch 20th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 20 (IANS) State-run overseas oil and gas exploration company ONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL) wants to bid jointly with Russian companies for hydro-carbon projects in that country, a top government official said Saturday.
“We have strongly put forth to the Russian government for OVL to bid jointly with Russian companies - Rosnet Oil Company and Gazprom - for oil and gas exploration projects in Russia,” Petroleum and Natural Gas Secretary S. Sundareshan told reporters here.
OVL, which has 20 percent stake in Sakhalin-1 project, wants to bid jointly with the Russian companies for the Sakhalin-3 project. Sundareshan said the government had strongly put forth its idea to Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin during his recent visit to New Delhi.
OVL is also looking at Trebs and Titov exploration blocks for which an alliance with Rosneft is being looked at.
Sundareshan said the company had started production in nine projects out of the 39 overseas projects it has.
OVL produces seven million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of oil and two MRPA of gas.
The government Friday permitted OVL to invest $2.1 billion in Venezuela.
On the issue of India-Pakistan-Iran (IPI) pipeline, Sundareshan clarified that India had proposed bilateral talks with Iran in May in Tehran, and not trilateral talks including Pakistan.
“The project is pending on the issue of price and point of gas delivery. A new pricing formula has been given to Iran. The gas should be delivered at Indian borders,” he said.
India is concerned with the safe delivery of gas at its borders as the IPI pipeline would traverse around 1,000 km inside Pakistan.
India wants Iran to take responsibility of the gas delivery at its borders and payment will be made on delivery.
Iran wants a trilateral agreement -India, Iran and Pakistan- for the safe passage of gas and payment to be made even if the supplies gets disrupted in Pakistan.
- Gas from TAPI likely to flow in five years: Official - Aug 18, 2012
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- India has proposed talks with Iran on gas pipeline - Aug 17, 2010
- Iran to export natural gas to India, Oman - Sep 25, 2011
- 11,000 km of LNG pipelines laid so far - Aug 21, 2012
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India wants to keep getting oil from Iran: Pakistani daily - Jan 30, 2012
- China likely to replace India in Iran-Pak gas pipeline project - Feb 06, 2010
- Lavrov in India to firm agenda for Medvedev visit (Lead, Changing dateline) - Nov 29, 2010
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- Iran, Pakistan to seal gas pipeline deal tomorrow - Jun 07, 2010
- Russian foreign minister visits India Monday - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: bilateral talks, exploration blocks, gas delivery, gas exploration company, gas exploration projects, hydro carbon, india pakistan, mrpa, oil and gas exploration, overseas projects, ovl, pakistan india, rosneft, russian companies, russian firms, russian prime minister, sakhalin 1, trilateral agreement, videsh, vladimir putin