ONGC, Uranium Corp sign exploration pactNovember 11th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 11 (IANS) Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and Uranium Corp of India Tuesday signed an agreement for cooperation in exploration and development.The deal was signed between ONGC chairman R.S. Sharma and UCIL chairman Ramendra Gupta in the presence of Department of Atomic Energy secretary Anil Kakodkar.
According to an ONGC statement, the initiative is based “on complementary expertise of the two public enterprises”.
“The cross-fertilization of ideas and technologies are bound to synergise the new endeavour of uranium prospecting and mining,” it added.
ONGC is already studying the logs of its oil wells that have indicated presence of uranium.
UCIL has started to explore the possibility of acquiring uranium properties and exploration overseas.
- ONGC formalizes move for uranium hunt - Nov 11, 2008
- Canadian uranium miner for joint venture in India - Oct 16, 2010
- CAG critical of ONGC exploration performance - Aug 28, 2012
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- 'Vietnam a huge business opportunity for India' - Oct 13, 2011
- Goa wants 'nuke-guru' Anil Kakodkar as president - Apr 28, 2012
- ONGC stumbles upon uranium in Assam - Nov 14, 2009
- ONGC's Rs.24 bn Assam project on fast track - Jul 23, 2011
- Uranium Corp to invest Rs.2,450 crore in Andhra, Karnataka - Jul 28, 2011
- Uranium ore mine in commissioned in Andhra Pradesh - Apr 20, 2012
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Uranium ore mine commissioned in Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Six firms keen to partner ONGC for Tripura fertilizer plant - Apr 12, 2012
- As fuel supplies resume, India's nuclear power output up - Jan 11, 2010
- Finally, India gets stake in Kazakh oil block - Apr 16, 2011