ONGC third quarter net profit rises 23 percent (Second Lead)January 21st, 2010 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) Recording a sharp rise in its third quarter net profit, state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp Thursday said that it has also seen its earnings per barrel of crude increasing 70 percent, compared to the same period a year ago.
The net profit for the quarter under review increased to Rs.3,054 crore from Rs.2,475 crore — an increase of 23.4 percent.
Net sales rose 22.8 percent to Rs.15,373 crore for the quarter ended Dec 31 against Rs.12,521 crore in the previous corresponding period.
The earning from each barrel of crude increased to $57.69 from $33.84, a steep increase of 70.5 percent. The subsidy discount to refiners also decreased to $18.97 from $25 a barrel, a drop of 24.2 percent.
The upstream oil major’s crude production in the third quarter however decreased by 3 percent, while natural gas production rose marginally by 0.05 percent.
ONGC chairman R.S. Sharma said the company was unlikely to reach its targeted output of 25.7 million tonnes.
“Production is declining faster than estimated,” Sharma said, adding: “Production is definitely under a lot of pressure.”
ONGC shares dropped 1.98 percent to Rs.1,140 at the Bombay Stock Exchange Thursday.
The company made seven new discoveries during the quarter under review and has invested Rs.2,164 crore for developing a Mumbai offshore field.
- ONGC Q3 net profit doubles to Rs.7,083 crore - Jan 28, 2011
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Indian Oil Corporation's Q3 net profit up 52.2 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- ONGC Q2 net profit rises 6 percent - Oct 28, 2010
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 28 percent to Rs.5,136 crore - Jan 21, 2011
- ONGC reports 26 percent drop in Q4 profit - May 30, 2011
- ONGC quarterly net profit rises 11.85 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- ONGC's third quarter net profit down five percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Oil India's Q3 net profit up 26.58 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- Indian Oil Corp records 30 percent profit drop in Q4 - May 30, 2011
- MRPL posts six-fold increase in profit - Jul 26, 2011
- ONGC third quarter net profit rises 23 percent (Lead superseding earlier story) - Jan 21, 2010
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- ONGC quarterly net profit rises 60 percent - Nov 04, 2011
- ONGC fourth quarter net up 71 percent - May 28, 2010
Tags: bombay stock exchange, crore, crude production, earnings, jan 21, jj, natural gas corp, natural gas production, net profit, net sales, New Delhi, new discoveries, offshore field, ongc, refiners, rs 1, rs 2, steep increase, subsidy