ONGC reports 26 percent drop in Q4 profitMay 30th, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) India’s biggest oil explorer, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) Monday reported a decrease of 26 percent in net profit for the fourth quarter of 2010-11, mainly due to rise in discounts to state oil refiners.
A company press release said ONGC’s net profit for the quarter ending March 31, 2011 was Rs.2,791 crore, compared to Rs.3,776 crore for the same period previous year - a drop of 26 percent.
In 2010-11, ONGC had to pay Rs.24,892 crore to oil refiners as discounts to state refiners, who sell fuel at subsidised rates. This was the highest ever amount, with half of it paid in the fourth quarter.
“We paid Rs.12,136 crore in fuel subsidy compensation in Q4 compared to Rs.4,999 crore in the same period in the previous fiscal,” said ONGC chairman A.K. Hazarika.
The annual net profit for 2010-11 however increased by 13 percent to Rs.18,924 crore.
If the fuel subsidy had been equal to the previous fiscal, then the net profit for the fourth quarter would have been higher by Rs.2,074 crore and Rs.14,247 for the entire year, said Hazarika.
- Indian Oil Corporation's Q3 net profit up 52.2 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- ONGC's third quarter net profit down five percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian Oil Corp records 30 percent profit drop in Q4 - May 30, 2011
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Sensex down 1.05 percent at 17,192.02 points (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- ONGC fourth quarter net up 71 percent - May 28, 2010
- Oil India's Q3 net profit up 26.58 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- Dr. Reddy's Lab Q4 net profit down 34 percent - May 13, 2011
- GAIL's second quarter net up 18.50 percent - Oct 24, 2011
- ONGC Q2 net profit rises 6 percent - Oct 28, 2010
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Government to deregulate diesel prices - Apr 24, 2012
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011