ONGC plans offshore supply base, onshore terminalJuly 31st, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) India’s flagship upstream company Oil and Natural Gas Corp has announced plans to build an integrated offshore supply base and an onshore terminal in the east coast to process oil and gas from Krishna-Godavari basin. The company said in a release that the offshore supply base was expected to boost exploration and production efforts on the east coast at Kona in Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, ONGC has plans for an onshore terminal near Kona to be built in an area of 2,500 acres. This will be processing gas from deepwater fields of Vashista and S-1, as well from GS-29, G-4, Annapurna, Kanakadurga in the next phase.
ONGC, which struck oil and gas in its offshore exploration programme in the Krishna-Godavari basin, has an “aggressive drilling plan” for the next five years, it added.
ONGC officials, led by its director (offshore), recently met the commerce and industry secretary and the chairman of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Investment Corp for allotment of 500 acres for the supply base. “Senior Andhra government officials have assured full support in priority allotment of the required land,” said the statement.
This supply base will have warehouses, captive jetty for offshore vessels, heli-base, laboratories and a communication centre. An international consultant has been appointed to complete the development of the supply base.
The total investment for developing all offshore fields and onshore terminals would be $3 billion.
- ONGC plans Integrated Offshore Processing unit in Eastern Coast - Aug 01, 2008
- ONGC rises after gas discovery - Sep 23, 2010
- ONGC makes two new oil and gas discoveries - Oct 16, 2010
- Defence ministry objects to gas project in Andhra - Aug 08, 2011
- NTPC signs production sharing contracts with government - Jul 06, 2010
- Cairn India strikes oil in Krishna Godavari basin - Aug 23, 2010
- ONGC approves Rs.3,241 crore for new oilfields - Mar 25, 2010
- Exploration, production industry urged to gear up - Jan 22, 2010
- ONGC's Rs.24 bn Assam project on fast track - Jul 23, 2011
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- ONGC announces 180 percent dividend, two new gas finds - Dec 18, 2009
- Group of Ministers to examine Cairn-Vedanta deal - Apr 06, 2011
- BP expects Krishna Godavari gas output to rise - Sep 28, 2011
- Vedanta to pick up majority stake in Cairn India (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- ONGC says its approval needed for Cairn-Vedanta deal - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: allotment, annapurna, communication centre, deepwater fields, exploration and production, godavari, government officials, industrial investment, industry secretary, international consultant, jetty, kona, krishna godavari basin, next five years, offshore exploration, offshore fields, offshore vessels, oil and gas, production efforts, warehouses