ONGC places Rs.16-bn order for eight onshore rigsAugust 7th, 2008 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) India’s state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has given an order worth Rs.16.1 billion for eight deep drilling onshore rigs to Shiv-Vani Oil and Gas exploration services, it was announced Thursday. In a regulatory statement, Shiv-Vani said the contract for a period of three years is the “single largest contract in Indian history of onshore oil and gas services”.
The contract is is for eight onshore deep drilling rigs on an integrated well completion basis for its Tripura, Sivasagar and Rajamundhry assets, which include one 3,000 horsepower rig and seven 1,500-2,000 horsepower rigs. The proposed 300 horsepower rig will be the largest onshore rig in India.
Shiv-Vani has been given a mobilisation period of seven months for deployment. Orders for the rigs have already been placed, and would be delivered as per schedule to start project by the fourth quarter of the financial year, said the company statement.
This contract will increases Shiv-Vani’s order book to over Rs.45 billion executable over three years.
- BHEL bags Rs.774 crore contract from ONGC - Feb 27, 2012
- Oil blockade hits crude oil, natural gas production in Assam - Dec 24, 2009
- China's to drill in South China Sea - May 07, 2012
- ONGC to start drilling in Bihar from August - Jul 21, 2012
- L&T bags Rs.376 crore order from ONGC - Jul 14, 2010
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- SC notice to government on plea against Cairn-Vedanta deal (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Pakistan to spend Rs.210 mn for gas infrastructure - Oct 10, 2011
- Cuba estimates 2011 oil, gas output at four mn tonnes - Dec 22, 2011
- 96-hour oil blockade begins in Assam - Dec 21, 2009
- Cabinet approves three-year drilling moratorium for oil explorers - Jul 08, 2010
- ONGC official held for bribe sent to judicial custody - Feb 08, 2012
- Venezuela confirms start-up of oil exploration off Cuba - Sep 06, 2012
- Shale gas extraction is fraught with problems - Nov 21, 2010
- Six firms keen to partner ONGC for Tripura fertilizer plant - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, assets, deployment orders, drilling rigs, exploration services, fourth quarter, horsepower, India, indian history, natural gas corp, New Delhi, oil and gas, oil and gas exploration, oil and gas services, ongc, onshore, rig, seven months, well completion, worth rs