ONGC official held for bribe sent to judicial custodyFebruary 8th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Feb 8 (IANS) A CBI special court here Wednesday sent an official of the Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) to 14-day judicial custody for taking a bribe of Rs.40,000 from a contractor.
P.K. Borah was arrested Tuesday from his office in Assam’s Sivasagar district while accepting the bribe, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said Wednesday.
Borah was working as general manager (civil) in Sivasagar, about 300 km from Assam capital Dispur.
“Although we sought 14-day custody of the accused, the court sent him to judicial custody,” a CBI source said.
A case has been registered under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Judicial custody for 8 in Jharkhand building scam - Jun 16, 2011
- SBI staffer held for graft - Aug 02, 2011
- Kalmadi sent to 14 days judicial custody - May 04, 2011
- MCD engineer's jail term reduced to one year - Feb 16, 2011
- CBI questioning Jagan for second day - Jun 04, 2012
- Bribe case: Excise official sent to judicial custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Court sends Assam scam accused to CBI custody - Jun 17, 2010
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Corrupt ex-ONGC official jailed for three years in 1987 case - Jan 24, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- CBI clerk, seven others sent to jail for fraud - Sep 06, 2012
- Excise official, middleman sent to day's CBI custody - Jan 16, 2012
- Retired judge's daughter nabbed on graft charge - Oct 14, 2011
- Two TV channel directors held for forgery - Jul 23, 2012
- Arrested excise official's health improving, court told - Jan 18, 2012