ONGC makes two new oil and gas discoveriesOctober 16th, 2010 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16 (IANS) The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has made two new discoveries of oil and gas reserves - gas at the Krishna-Godavari basin block and oil in the Cauvery basin.
“The two discoveries have been notified to Directorate General of Hydrocarbon after the previous board meeting held Sep 22,” ONGC said in a statement Saturday. It had announced an oil discovery in Cauvery Basin block and gas in Krishna-Godavari Basin Sep 22.
The newly-discovered oil reserve is in the PEL block of the Cauvery basin in Tamil Nadu and the oil well on the site has already been put on production.
“This is a new prospect discovery in a separate structural culmination developed in a fault block north of Kovilkallappal in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu,” the statement said.
The gas reserve is at Krishna-Godavari Basin in Andhra Pradesh, and located only three km off Amalapuram and at a depth of eight meters.
“The development of the shallow water area is under concept state in the east coast and would be consolidated for evolving a cluster based approach of development and production,” the ONGC statement said.
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- ONGC rises after gas discovery - Sep 23, 2010
- L&T; bags Rs.1,450 crore contract from Gujarat - May 18, 2011
- CAG critical of ONGC exploration performance - Aug 28, 2012
- Exploration, production industry urged to gear up - Jan 22, 2010
- ONGC says its approval needed for Cairn-Vedanta deal - Oct 21, 2010
- ONGC Videsh inks deal with PetroVietnam - Oct 12, 2011
- Canada's Bengal Energy gets Cauvery hycrocarbon block - Jul 01, 2010
- Reliance Industries violated gas contract: Auditor - Sep 08, 2011
- Group of Ministers to examine Cairn-Vedanta deal - Apr 06, 2011
- BP announces $7.2 billion partnership in India - Feb 21, 2011
- Varun questions BJP 'silence' on CAG's Reliance report - Sep 10, 2011
- Shale gas exploration policy by March 2013: Reddy - Mar 13, 2012
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- ONGC's Rs.24 bn Assam project on fast track - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,