ONGC inks pact with Australias Arrow EnergyJanuary 14th, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.14, (ANI): The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Australia’’s Arrow Energy for corporation in Coalbed Methane Sector.
The MoU was signed by D K Pande, Director (Exploration), ONGC and Nicholas Davies, CEO and MD, Arrow Energy Ltd. today.
The main areas of cooperation identified under the MoU are joint participation in blocks in India and abroad for exploration, field development and production of CBM; and sharing of knowledge, experience and transfer of technology in CBM Sector.
CBM found in coal seams is fast emerging as an important source of energy world over. In India, CBM resources are estimated at about 2600-3300 BCM. Government of India has awarded blocks for exploration, development and production of CBM to national and international companies under three Bidding Rounds. ONGC, the pioneer of CBM exploration in India, has been carrying out CBM activities in the states of Jharkhand, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
Arrow Energy Ltd Group is a leading Australian integrated energy company focused on the development of CBM. Arrow Energy is an emerging global leader in coalbed methane (CBM) development with an expanding business presence throughout Eastern Australia, China, India, Vietnam and Indonesia. Arrow has acquired a reputation for fast track development of CBM Projects. The company is listed on Australian Stock Exchange and has a Market cap of about Australian dollars two billion.
Speaking on the occasion, ONGC CMD R S Sharma said there is tremendous potential in CBM business which can be harnessed jointly. (ANI)
- Cabinet awards coal-bed methane gas blocks - Jun 24, 2010
- CAG critical of ONGC exploration performance - Aug 28, 2012
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- ONGC formalizes move for uranium hunt - Nov 11, 2008
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Australia to collaborate in wool production and trade - May 02, 2012
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- Centre signs 31 contracts under New Exploration Licensing Policy - Jun 30, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan sign seven bilateral agreements (update) - Apr 16, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- Top level changes at two atomic power operators - Jun 01, 2012
- Top level changes at two atomic power operators (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: australia china, australian stock exchange, bidding rounds, business presence, cbm projects, cbm resources, coal seams, director exploration, eastern australia, energy company, energy ltd, energy world, government of india, integrated energy, jharkhand, memorandum of understanding, nicholas davies, pande, source of energy, west bengal