ONGC announces discovery in Krishna Godavari blockNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) The state-run exploration company, Oil and Natural Gas Corp(ONGC), has made another hydrocarbon discovery in an offshore Krishna-Godavari block, it said Monday.A company statement said three hydrocarbon bearing sands had been encountered between 3,757 metres to 4,185 metres. “The thickest sand interval (4,108-4,185 metres) comprises 55 metres of net oil pay,” it said.
ONGC has already made several discoveries in KG basin, including the 2006 ultra-deep discovery at 2,841 metres.
The press statement said ONGC planned a fast-track hub development programme, clustering a mix of oil and new wells around a common production facility.
The target is for production of 20,000 barrels of oil per day by 2012-13, to a peak of 150,000 barrel daily by 2016-17.
- ONGC makes two new oil and gas discoveries - Oct 16, 2010
- ONGC rises after gas discovery - Sep 23, 2010
- Gas production from RIL's KG-D6 block declines - Aug 09, 2012
- ONGC strikes new gas field in Tripura - Mar 15, 2011
- PM pushes use of 'green' inland waterways - Jan 28, 2012
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- India's energy consumption to double by 2031: Study - Jul 25, 2012
- CAG critical of ONGC exploration performance - Aug 28, 2012
- Reliance Industries violated gas contract: Auditor - Sep 08, 2011
- RIL betting on hydrocarbon asset acquisitions abroad - Nov 17, 2009
- ONGC Videsh declares progressive 2009-10 financial results - May 22, 2010
- State run firms become largest in terms of market capitalisation - Aug 19, 2011
- ONGC quarterly net profit rises 11.85 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- Indian company drills second oil well in Sri Lanka - Oct 22, 2011
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010