ONGC announces 180 percent dividend, two new gas findsDecember 18th, 2009 - 10:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 18 (IANS) State-run oil explorer, ONGC India Ltd has announced a interim dividend of 180 percent for the year 2009-10.
For 2008-09, ONGC had paid an aggregate dividend of 320 percent. The interim dividend payout of 180 percent for 2009-10 was approved by the ONGC Board of Directors Friday.
“Considering the financial performance of the company in the backdrop of volatile international oil prices and looking at the future commitments in terms of investment, the board has taken a very balanced decision of paying 180 percent interim dividend,” ONGC chairman and managing director R.S. Sharma said, according to a company press release.
At the board meeting, ONGC also announced two new discoveries of ol fields, one in Western Offshore Basin and the other in Krishna-Godavari basin.
The discovery in Kutch offshore block in Western Offshore basin is the first ever gas find in the reservoirs of Miocene age in that region, said the release.
- ONGC makes two new oil and gas discoveries - Oct 16, 2010
- ONGC rises after gas discovery - Sep 23, 2010
- CAG critical of ONGC exploration performance - Aug 28, 2012
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- 51 new oil, gas discoveries reported - Aug 17, 2010
- BEL pays 156 percent dividend to government - Oct 29, 2011
- ONGC approves Rs.3,241 crore for new oilfields - Mar 25, 2010
- Exploration, production industry urged to gear up - Jan 22, 2010
- ONGC's Rs.24 bn Assam project on fast track - Jul 23, 2011
- ONGC says its approval needed for Cairn-Vedanta deal - Oct 21, 2010
- Cairn-Vedanta deal a complex issue, says Sharma - Apr 08, 2011
- SAIL pays government Rs.425.36 crore interim dividend (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Infosys declares 400 percent final dividend for FY 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Group of Ministers to examine Cairn-Vedanta deal - Apr 06, 2011
- Cairn India and PetroSA deal on oil exploration in South Africa - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: backdrop, balanced decision, board meeting, board of directors, commitments, discovery, dividend payout, financial performance, godavari, india ltd, interim dividend, international oil prices, krishna godavari basin, managing director, New Delhi, new discoveries, ongc india, Press Release, reservoirs