Omega Healthcare to hire 1,000 employees in IndiaAugust 11th, 2011 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 11 (IANS) The US-based healthcare sector business process outsourcing (BPO) Omega Healthcare will increase its headcount by 1,000 in India and target 40 percent revenue growth this fiscal, said a company official Thursday.
“The company in the revenue band of $25-30 million will increase its headcount by 1,000 to 4,300 this financial year. Bulk of the fresh hiring will happen at our new centre in Tiruchirapalli (Trichy),” Gopi Natarajan, co-founder and CEO, told reporters here.
Omega Healthcare has invested around $2.5 million at its Tiruchirapalli facility, around 320 km from here.
The company has three centres in India - Bangalore (1,500 employees), Chennai (1,600 employees) and Trichy (190 employees) - while the Trichy facility has a capacity to house 800 employees.
“In Trichy we will hire around 700 employees. Compared to Bangalore and Chennai the employee cost in Trichy is nearly 30-40 percent cheaper,” Natarajan said.
Queried about the outsourcing market, he said: “There is not going to be any slowdown in the US at least in the healthcare segment and outsourcing deals. Corporates have to cut their costs. While the US economic indicators are negative, the corporate profits are going up.”
He agreed that the billing rate was fairly flat owing to competition. “We are hopeful of growing the business by 40 percent this fiscal,” Natarajan added.
- Infosys to hire 35,000 techies this fiscal - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys cuts hiring in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys to hire 32,000 this fiscal - Apr 15, 2011
- Air India Express slashes Chennai-Trichy fares - Jun 29, 2012
- Infosys targets five percent revenue from government contracts - Jun 14, 2010
- Lok Capital invests $3 million in rural BPO - Sep 15, 2011
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Accord Group to acquire hotels within, outside India - May 29, 2012
- MindTree net dips 40 percent yearly, recovers sequentially (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- BHEL exploring non-power equipment business for profits - Aug 11, 2012
- BEML to hive off its railway business - Dec 12, 2011
- Wipro battles to grow in volatile market (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Infosys to hire 45,000 techies this year - Jul 12, 2011
- GE bets on India; to hire 6,000 more - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: 30 million, billing rate, business process outsourcing, business process outsourcing bpo, chennai, co founder, corporate profits, corporates, economic indicators, headcount, healthcare sector, healthcare segment, india bangalore, omega healthcare, outsourcing deals, outsourcing market, sector business, slowdown, target, trichy