Oman Air flight cordoned off in Mumbai after threatening noteMay 25th, 2009 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) A Chennai-bound Oman Air flight was cordoned off at the airport here Monday after it made an emergency landing following a crew member finding a note threatening to kill everyone on board.
All 110 passengers were on board while the bomb disposal squad and other security personnel carried out checks on the aircraft, said an official of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
Flight no 857 of Oman Air was its way to Chennai from Muscat when a crew member found a chit in the washroom saying, “You will all die. Bye.”
The captain contacted Mumbai airport after the matter was reported to him.
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Front tyres of Air India plane burst, no casualties - Sep 06, 2011
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- Another air disaster averted in Mumbai - Jun 04, 2010
- Air India plane lands in Oman after bomb hoax - Aug 20, 2010
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Foreign plane detained at Jaipur (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Oman Air flight cancelled as pilot ill - Jun 07, 2011
- Russian woman raises suspicion, flight makes emergency landing - May 05, 2010
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Emergency landing: India in touch with mission in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2012
- Miraculous escape for 141 Air India passengers - Aug 22, 2009
- Riyadh-bound flight lands in Kochi after smoke alarm - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Goa-Oman direct flights could ease Goan NRI woes' - Jul 05, 2011
- Businessman held for stealing mobile - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: air flight, bomb disposal squad, central industrial security, checks, chennai, chit, crew member, emergency landing, mumbai airport, muscat, oman air, security force, security personnel, threatening note, washroom