Olive Telecom in strategic alliance with Tata TeleJune 24th, 2010 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 24 (IANS) Olive Telecommunication announced a strategic alliance with Tata Teleservices and launched two new convergence devices here Thursday.
Slated to be available in the market in a week’s time, the Olive Nexus V-R9 is a travel router with multiple connectivity options like EDGE, 3G, EVDO, ADSL and WiMAX. The Wi-fi buggle also allows multi users.
The Olive Genie V-ME150 is a multiple-purpose device with mobile broadband access-enabled modem, FM radio, dictaphone and a digital audio player with a memory capacity up to 32 GB.
The Olive Genie will be made available under the Tata Tele brand portfolio across all outlets in the country.
Talking about the launch of the new products and the strategic alliance with Olive, Anil Sardana, managing director of Tata Teleservices, said: “We are confident that in today’s competitive scenario, these products will add to the customer experience and enhance our portfolio of high-speed data access offerings.”
Olive Chairman Arun Khanna said: “At Olive, we promise our customers to come up with two to three new devices every month and target to sell 10 million devices by the end of next year.”
“We plan to capture five percent market share by 2012 and mark our presence in 50 countries,” he added.
Olive has presence in 24 countries, tying up with 28 carriers. “We plan to tie up with 100 carriers in the next three years,” said Khanna.
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Tata Tele MD wins telecom person of the year award - Aug 06, 2010
- Tata Docomo to launch 3G services on Nov 5 - Nov 03, 2010
- Reliance Globalcom bags over $100 mn managed services contracts - Sep 30, 2010
- Tata Teleservices crosses 80 million subscribers mark - Oct 12, 2010
- CVC probing BSNL's WiMAX tender: Kamat - Mar 04, 2011
- Google, O-Zone tie up to provide free Wi-Fi access - Jan 12, 2012
- North-East to have better mobile, broadband, postal connectivity: Sachin Pilot - Jul 22, 2010
- Tata-Docomo plans research and development centre in India - Oct 08, 2009
- Tata, Future Group launch GSM mobile service - Jun 19, 2010
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- Reliance Communications to market Android devices in India - Apr 16, 2012
- Tata Docomo rolls out 3G-service in India's tech hub - Nov 03, 2010
- Customers won't be troubled by cancellation of 2G licences - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: brand portfolio, broadband access, buggle, connectivity options, convergence devices, customer experience, data access, dictaphone, digital audio player, fm radio, genie, high speed data, launch, memory capacity, purpose device, r9, strategic alliance, target, tata teleservices, wi fi