Oil marketing firms to upgrade grievance cells by Oct 2September 16th, 2008 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) India’s oil marketing companies will improve their grievance redressal systems by Oct 2 and commission toll-free numbers for filing complaints, it was decided Tuesday at the review meeting called by Petroleum Secretary R.S. Pandey. The meeting, a follow-up of the one chaired by Petroleum Minister Murli Deora Aug 19, was attended by IndianOil Corporation chairman Sarthak Behuria, petroleum ministry additional secretary S. Sundareshan, and the marketing directors and senior officers of the ministry.
The grievance redressal systems would be made more effective, with each oil marketing company having a separate toll free number. An awareness campaign about the revamped mechanism would also be launched, the meeting decided.
On the supply position of petroleum products, the ministry said the waiting list for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections had been reduced by half from 800,000 to 390,000 within a month.
Pandey asked the oil marketing companies to maintain LPG stocks for the festival season in the coming months.
- Oil marketing firms losing Rs.518 crore per day - May 01, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- No cap on number of LPG cylinders to affluent - Aug 17, 2012
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Government to decide on diesel, LPG price hike Friday - May 24, 2012
- LPG prices surge in Pakistan - Mar 04, 2012
- India Inc calls for dual pricing of diesel, LPG - May 24, 2012
- Rs.64,900 crore under-recovery in 15 days for oil marketing firms - Nov 16, 2011
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- Government to decide on cooking gas, kerosene price hike - Mar 21, 2010
- Cooking gas connections for 350,000 families in Delhi: Dikshit - Jun 20, 2012
- Oil companies to give support for CWG: Deora to Sheila - Sep 24, 2010
- State oil firms to start grievance redressal service - Oct 01, 2008
- Pilot project for translucent cooking gas cylinders - Mar 11, 2010
- Deora to meet Pranab over fuel price determination - Feb 02, 2010
Tags: awareness campaign, cells, grievance, India, liquefied petroleum gas, liquefied petroleum gas lpg, marketing companies, marketing company, marketing firms, murli deora, New Delhi, petroleum ministry, petroleum products, stocks, supply position, toll free number, toll free numbers, waiting list