Odisha traders down shutters against FDI in retailDecember 1st, 2011 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 1 (IANS) Traders and business establishments across Odisha Thursday downed shutters to protest the union government’s decision to permit foreign equity in the retail sector.
Except for chemists, all other shops in the state’s largest wholesale market in Cuttack were shuttered, a senior state police official told IANS.
The impact of the nationwide shutdown was also felt in other cities of teh state like this state capital, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Jharsuguda and Bolangir.
People in many places faced difficulties as vegetable vendors and grocery shop owners also shut shop.
- Shutdown cripples life in Odisha - Sep 20, 2012
- Shutdown cripples life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Lawyers enforce 12-hour shutdown in Odisha - May 08, 2012
- Cold persists in Odisha - Jan 14, 2012
- Complete shutdown observed in Odisha (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Mixed response to anti-government protest (Afternoon Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Commercial establishments shut in Himachal - Sep 20, 2012
- Shops in Tamil Nadu closed to protest FDI in retail - Dec 01, 2011
- Shopkeepers protest but shoppers don't mind foreign retailers (Afternoon Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Odisha shivers as mercury dips to 5.4 degrees - Jan 14, 2012
- Shutdown cripples life in Chhattisgarh - May 31, 2012
- Mixed response to FDI strike in Punjab, Haryana - Dec 01, 2011
- Shutdown evokes mixed response in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Shops shut in India but shoppers open to foreign retailers (Roundup) - Dec 01, 2011
- Mercury crosses 44 degrees in Odisha - May 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,