Odisha protests cut in railway budgetary allocationJuly 29th, 2012 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 28 (IANS) Odisha Saturday protested the alleged reduction of Rs.186 crore in the budgetary allocation to different railway projects in the state.
Describing it as a “step-motherly attitude” of the railways to his state, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said the move would hamper creation of passenger amenities and industrialization.
“I understand that the Indian Railways have reduced an amount of Rs.186 crore from the budgetary allocation to different projects in Odisha. This is gross injustice,” said Patnaik in a letter to Railway Minister Mukul Roy.
Patnaik said Rs.723 crore was allotted to the state by railways for 2012-2013 against a demand of Rs.2,345 crore. “Now suddenly again the Railways have announced this reduction,” he said.
“I strongly protest against this step-motherly attitude of the Railways,” Patnaik said, asking Roy to take necessary steps to restore the allocation.
- Rail fare hike to hit common man: Naveen Patnaik - Mar 14, 2012
- Odisha protests neglect in railway budget - Mar 15, 2012
- Odisha seeks special status - Nov 24, 2011
- Odisha CM defends decision on coal block recommendation - Sep 13, 2012
- BJP is misleading country on coal issue: Congress - Sep 13, 2012
- Railway budget highlights 7 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railways to take over East-West Metro project - Apr 24, 2012
- End bias against Tamil Nadu: AIADMK - Aug 27, 2012
- BJD activists protest railways' neglect of Orissa - Mar 15, 2011
- Patnaik rejects centre's claim on coal bidding - Aug 23, 2012
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Cancelling coal blocks impossible: Congress - Sep 05, 2012
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- '251 delayed projects to cost 23.45 percent more' - Aug 19, 2011
- Delays in infra projects raises costs 23 percent: Government (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: attitude, budgetary allocation, chief minister, crore, gross injustice, indian railways, industrialization, mukul, naveen patnaik, necessary steps, odisha, passenger amenities, protests, railway minister, railway projects, rs 2, state chief