Odisha hikes remuneration of home guardsJune 12th, 2012 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 12 (IANS) Odisha Tuesday hiked the daily remuneration of its home guards by Rs.50 to keep it at par with their counterparts in neighbouring states, officials said.
A home guard in the state currently gets a remuneration of Rs.150 daily, which has now been increased to Rs.200, a home department official told IANS. The enhanced amount will be effective from June 1.
The state home guards association had been demanding a hike for a long time as their colleagues in the states like Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Jharkhand were getting a remuneration of Rs.200 per day.
The latest hike, which will cost the state exchequer Rs.32 crore annually, will benefit about 17,675 home guards in the state, the official said.
Home guards are a voluntary force, tasked as an auxiliary to the police.
- NCB to open Chhattisgarh office - Jun 18, 2012
- Odisha's new police chief assumes charge - Jul 06, 2012
- Maoists push farmers to grow marijuana - Aug 17, 2012
- 11 killed, 88 abducted by Maoists till April - Apr 26, 2012
- Odisha peon found with Rs.70 lakh illegal property - Mar 15, 2012
- Top Odisha Maoist leader held (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Odisha protests its tourist site on Andhra website - Nov 10, 2011
- Top Odisha Maoist leader held - Jan 24, 2012
- Odisha, Jharkhand to intensity anti-mineral smuggling drive - Aug 22, 2012
- Odisha-based party to contest election in 12 states - Jul 08, 2012
- Chhattisgarh conducting intelligence operations against Maoists - Jan 05, 2012
- Chhattisgarh approves ordinance absorbing SPOs in police - Jul 28, 2011
- Odisha objects to Andhra's move on Polavaram project - Jul 24, 2012
- Child marriages rampant in Odisha, says survey - Aug 17, 2012
- Chidambaram visits Jharkhand, Odisha to review Maoist operations - Nov 09, 2011