Odisha fishermen warned against going into seaAugust 18th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 18 (IANS) Authorities in Odisha Saturday alerted fishermen against venturing out into the sea as a low pressure area has been formed over the Bay Bengal.
The low pressure area formed a day ago over northwest Bay of Bengal now lies over northwest Bay of Bengal and adjoining north coastal Odisha, an official of the meteorological centre told IANS.
As a result, strong and gusty surface winds at 45-50 kmph would prevail along and off the state coast, he said adding, some places in the state may also witness heavy to very heavy rain during Sunday.
Fishermen have been advised not to venture into sea, he added.
- Orissa fishermen warned against going into rough sea - Aug 29, 2011
- Depression over Bay of Bengal, fishermen alerted - Oct 19, 2011
- Orissa warns fishermen against going to sea - Jun 15, 2011
- Storm may hit Orissa ports alerted - Jun 15, 2011
- Fishermen alerted in Orissa over rough sea condition - Aug 25, 2009
- Five evacuation teams deployed in Andhra - Nov 06, 2010
- Tamil Nadu gears up for cyclone Thane (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Coastal Andhra braces for cyclone 'Thane' (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- High tidal waves lash Andhra coast - Dec 28, 2011
- Orissa alerts fishermen about rough sea - Sep 28, 2009
- Cyclone Thane to cross Tamil Nadu coast Friday morning - Dec 29, 2011
- Alert in Andhra as cyclone threatens coast - Nov 06, 2010
- Andhra on alert as cyclone 'Thane' threatens coast (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Rains claim 16 lives, damage crops in Andhra - Dec 08, 2010
- 2,000 flood-hit people rescued in Odisha - Aug 05, 2012