Oberoi, Lufthansa forge long-term strategic partnershipOctober 1st, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) India’s Oberoi Hotels & Resorts and German carrier Lufthansa have entered into a long term strategic partnership “as part of their constant endeavour to offer guests additional benefits and enhanced value”, it was announced here Friday.
The partnership will commence with Oberoi Hotels & Resorts joining Miles & More, Lufthansa’s very successful frequent flyer programme.
Effective Oct 1, members of Miles & More will earn 500 or more miles for each stay at the Oberoi hotels and resorts in India, Indonesia, Mauritius and Egypt, an Oberoi statement said.
As a special promotion to launch the partnership, until Nov 30, members will earn double miles for each stay and a complimentary upgrade to the next category of rooms, subject to availability, the statement said.
Presently, there are 19 Oberoi hotels and resorts in five countries.
Lufthansa is one of Europe’s leading airlines, offering more than 21,000 flights within the Star Alliance mobility network.
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Kingfisher, British Airways ink frequent flyer pact - Dec 17, 2010
- Lufthansa offers students a `Touch of Home' in the air - Jun 07, 2010
- Lufthansa to fly new B747-8 aircraft on India route - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India to join Star Alliance by July - May 20, 2011
- New conditions by Star Alliance unacceptable: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Star Alliance to decide Air India's induction date Sunday (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Kingfisher ties-up with American Airlines - Nov 03, 2011
- Singapore Airlines expands operations with Air India - Sep 14, 2009
- Garuda Indonesia signs partnership with Liverpool - Jul 11, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines, Finnair enhance frequent flyer cooperation - Mar 18, 2011
- Maldives now also looks to mid-market Indian travellers (With Images) - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: egypt, endeavour, europe, flights, frequent flyer, german carrier, india indonesia, leading airlines, lufthansa, mauritius, mobility network, New Delhi, oberoi hotels and resorts, star alliance, strategic partnership