Oberoi Group opens hotel in GurgaonApril 12th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) The Oberoi group will pursue expansion plans, officials of the hotel chain said Tuesday, while opening a luxury hotel in Gurgaon in Haryana.
“We are very asset heavy as a group. We already have four hotels where we will operate on management contracts and with partial equity,” said Arjun Oberoi, chief planning officer, The Oberoi Group.
Of the four hotels under the group’s brand, two hotels will come up in Hyderabad (320 rooms and 200 rooms), a resort hotel in Marrakesh, Morocco (84 rooms) and one in Oman (70 rooms).
The Oberoi Group operates 32 hotels and cruisers under the brand Oberoi and five-star brand Trident in India, Egypt, Mauritius, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.
The group is also engaged in flight catering, managing airport restaurants, travel and tour services, car rentals and corporate air charters.
The group, listed by the name of EIH Ltd (formerly East India Hotels), has raised about Rs.1,100 crore through a rights issue. “Of this about Rs.900 crore will be used to retire debt,” said Arjun Oberoi.
The Oberoi Gurgaon is the second premium hotel of the group in the millenium city after the Trident.
Located 15 minutes from Delhi’s international airport, the hotel has an abundance of space with serene reflection pools and landscaped gardens and offers the city’s first 24-hour spa, cigar lounge and private heated pools.
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- No plans of sell stake: EIH Chairman - Jul 09, 2010
- East India Hotels eyes Gulf for expansion - Aug 20, 2009
- East India Hotels plans Rs.250 crore investment (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 20, 2009
- Oberoi group to open another Trident hotel in Mumbai - Nov 10, 2009
- 'Asset-heavy' EIH to focus more on managing hotels - Aug 07, 2012
- RIL acquires 14.12 percent in East India Hotels - Aug 30, 2010
- Oberois to raise stake in EIH; firm plans Rs.1.5 bn investment (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- EIH sees traction in revenues, apprehends pressure on margins - Aug 24, 2010
- ITC yet to take call on EIH rights issue - Oct 06, 2010
- EIH to rethink Kabini project in Karnataka - Aug 08, 2012
- EIH posts 90 percent hike in net profit - May 29, 2012
- Taj unveils its biggest hotel in Bangalore - Sep 08, 2011
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: air charters, airport restaurants, cigar lounge, crore, east india, eih ltd, expansion plans, flight catering, gurgaon, haryana, landscaped gardens, luxury hotel, management contracts, millenium city, premium hotel, reflection pools, rs 1, saudi arabia, serene reflection, star brand