Obama to attend Nov 6 business summit in MumbaiOctober 5th, 2010 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
By Arun Kumar
Washington, Oct 5 (IANS) US President Barack Obama will attend the US-India Business and Entrepreneurship Summit in Mumbai Nov 6 during his four-day visit to India, according to the US-India Business Council.
The trade advocacy group representing over 300 leading US companies doing business with India said its four-day Presidential Executive Mission to India will commence with a Business and Entrepreneurship Summit Nov 6.
Jointly organized with the US Department of Commerce, the summit featuring Obama “will help deepen America’s commercial relations with India, support American jobs, and strengthen the vital US-India partnership,” USIBC said.
“When Obama travels to India he will be the sixth-ever US President to set foot on Indian soil. His visit will be an action-triggering event, where major business policy objectives can be advanced,” it said.
“The visit offers the opportunity to underscore that India will be one of the United States’ key partners in the decades ahead.”
In follow up to the Business and Entrepreneurship Summit, the USIBC Presidential Executive Mission will participate in business conferences in New Delhi Nov 8 and 9 to explore opportunities in bilateral investment, trade and innovation, USIBC said.
Besides Mumbai and New Delhi, Obama is also expected to visit Amritsar.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Obama visit to highlight trade ties: US group - Oct 06, 2010
- US business seeks free high-tech trade with India - Nov 02, 2010
- Anand Mahindra gets global leadership award - Jun 13, 2012
- US trade group sends life sciences mission to India - Jan 31, 2012
- US business pleased with Obama's approach to trade with India - Nov 07, 2010
- US-India business conclave to boost commercial ties - Jun 20, 2011
- Over 200 top chief executives coming with Obama - Oct 29, 2010
- US-India trade group vows to strengthen business ties - Sep 15, 2011
- India-born official leads US educational mission to India - Oct 08, 2011
- US official to spotlight emerging markets - Sep 27, 2010
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- US Ex-Im Bank director joins India-US trade body - Jul 28, 2011
- US investors keen to fund India's digital transformation - Dec 09, 2011
- Three keys to make India-US ties soar - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: advocacy group, arun kumar, barack obama, bilateral investment, business conferences, business council, business policy, business summit, department of commerce, doing business with india, india business, india partnership, indian soil, investment trade, key partners, oct 5, policy objectives, relations with india, us department of commerce, usibc